The recruitment agent checks the applicant's experience, references, criminal record and they will arrange the medical examinations so that the Mainfleet line representative meets completely prepared people at the interview. While not all of the above jobs are available all of the time, Brine Shipping prefers to keeps a databank of eligible candidates for sending overseas at short notice.
The selection and joining process at Brine Shipping typically comprises the following sequence:
• Receipt of online applications (our preferred option) or applications sent via email or post.
• Pre employment medical check up with a government –accredited cleared for hired applicants •
Thorough check on credentials with police authorities.
• After preliminary screening, suitable applicants are called for a face-to-face screening interview at the closest Brine Shipping office. At this point the candidates fill up the Brine Shipping Registration form and submit supporting documents.
• They then face an oral interview, which may sometimes be followed up by a written online test. The result of the interview is usually communicated immediately. The successful candidates are informed that they have been placed on the priority waiting list for the next recruitment interviews; the unsuccessful candidates are usually asked to get a minimum of 6 months of relevant experience and to return thereafter for another interview, and are placed on the pending waiting list.
• When it is time for the recruitment interviews conducted by senior management of Mainfleet companies, the candidates are informed about the date, time and location of the interview. On selection, the terms of agreement are explained to candidates as also the subsequent formalities he will have to undertake before departure.
• The candidate then has to complete his medical examinations as per the Mainfleet companies’ requirements only from designated doctors and pathology laboratories approved by them.
• The candidate is not encouraged to resign from his current job till the visa has been received. • On receipt of the visa, the candidate is ready to depart on the due date, which is usually 2 days prior to the joining date.